DJI is the world’s largest producers of commercial drones. All the drones produced by this brand have gone on to do well on the market and they all receive positive feedback from the users. DJI went a step further and built a drone that beats all other models in its category: this is the new Phantom 4 drone.
This model takes care of every issue a flyer could come across. With an interesting camera and an unbelievably long flight time, this drone is a treat for all professional photographers, hobbyists, and flyers. It comes in a ready-to-fly state and thus you do not have to work too much to get the kit together.
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App enables monitoring/camera operation easy
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x 3000) photos. The f/2.8 lens with a broad field of view delivers crisp, clear images
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture smooth, clean footage while the camera is in the air
As compared to the older models in the Phantom series, the phantom 4 comes packed with a number of new features and technologies that you could make use of. Each of these contributes towards a more stable and safe flight and, as a beginner, you could benefit from the convenient and useful controls.
Build & Handling
Previous Phantoms have been constructed from plastic, and while this makes them lightweight it also makes them susceptible to damage if crashed. The Phantom 4 features an ultra-lightweight magnesium alloy body finished in a brilliant white. It feels far more solid than the Phantom 3 and weighs 100g more, tipping the scales at 1,380g.
The physical design of the camera has been refined, and part of the 4’s bulk can be attributed to the partial integration of the gimbal into the body of the drone and the new larger battery.
The other big change is in the design of the propellers – they’re now of the quick-release style, similar to those on the Inspire range of quadcopters. Preparing the Phantom for its first flight requires the battery and propellers to be fitted, but this takes less than a minute
The final step before take-off is to connect the Phantom to a mobile device. Unlike drones such as the 3DR SOLO, the Phantom uses a physical wired connection between mobile device and handset. This has the advantage of a fast, secure connection, and doesn’t require a Wi-Fi connection to be made out in the field.
The complete kit includes the following:
- The quadcopter
- Remote controller
- Quick release propellers
- Flight battery
- Flight battery charger
- AC cable for charger
- Clamp for gimbal
- USB OTG cable
- Micro USB cable
- Brush blower
This is a complete kit that provides you with everything that you could require for assembling and flying your drone.
30-Minute Max Flight Time
With a maximum flight up to 30 minutes, maximum transmission distance of 8 km thanks to OcuSync 2.0, and a maximum flight speed of 72 kph, you are getting exceptional fight performance. Whether you’re capturing a fast-moving object or flying high above a picturesque mountain range, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 delivers state-of-the-art DJI flight performance technology to you.
With the optional 5.5-inch 1080p LCD screen built into the remote controller, using any of the flight modes mentioned above, livestreaming, or even operating under direct sunlight can be done with crystal-clear quality. The DJI GO 4 app is integrated into the remote controller, preventing the need for a mobile device during operation.
Pilots can now fly with comfort, thanks to advanced obstacle sensors. With two rear visual sensors, forward and downward sensors, and infrared sensors on its sides, the Phantom 4 provides reliable obstacle sensing in five directions. If the transmission signal is lost, the drone has a Return to Home function that will bring it back to its original takeoff position.
Firmware Update Method
You can use your internet connected computer, phone or tablet with the provided USB to micro USB adapter.
In The Box
- Phantom 4 Pro
- Remote Controller (with or without screen)
- 2 Sets of Propellers
- 1 Battery
- Battery Charger
- Gimbal Clamp
- USB OTG cable (For mobile updates)
- Micro USB Cable
- 16GB Micro SD Card
- Styrofoam Carrying Case
Phantom 4 Pro Flying Specs
30 Minutes, 5870 mAh
4.3 mi (7 km)
Satellite Positioning Systems
Forward, Backward & Downward
Return To Home
- Follow Me
- Course Lock
- Home Lock
- Point of Interest
2.4 GHz & 5.8 GHz
Compatible Video Devices
DJI GO 4 App
- iOS 9.0 or Later (DJI Software more stable overall)
- Android 4.4 or Later (DJI Software less stable overall)
Phantom 4 Pro Camera Specs
Media Storage Method
Micro SD Card
Phantom 4 Pro filters are available from DJI or from a range of aftermarket dealers.
100 – 6400 (Video), 100- 12800 (Photo)
f/2.8 – f/11
8 – 1/2000 s (Mechanical) | 8 – 1/8000 s (Electric)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078
- Single Shot
- Burst Shooting: 3/5/7/10/14 frames
- Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias
- Interval: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s
JPEG, DNG (RAW), JPEG + DNG
Video Recording Resolution
- C4K:4096×2160 24/25/30p @100Mbps
- 4K:3840×2160 24/25/30p @100Mbps
- 2.7K:2720×1530 24/25/30p @65Mbps
- 2.7K:2720×1530 48/50/60p @80Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 24/25/30p @50Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 48/50/60p @65Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 120p @100Mbps
- HD:1280×720 24/25/30p @25Mbps
- HD:1280×720 48/50/60p @35Mbps
- HD:1280×720 120p @60Mbps
- C4K:4096×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p @100Mbps
- 4K:3840×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p @100Mbps
- 2.7K:2720×1530 24/25/30p @80Mbps
- 2.7K:2720×1530 48/50/60p @100Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 24/25/30p @60Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 48/50/60 @80Mbps
- FHD:1920×1080 120p @100Mbps
- HD:1280×720 24/25/30p @30Mbps
- HD:1280×720 48/50/60p @45Mbps
- HD:1280×720 120p @80Mbps
The Phantom 4 Pro can not zoom. The closest you can get to zooming is shooting in 4K and scaling up in post to a 1080p/2k timeline.
Other Notable Camera Features
11.6 stops of dynamic range. Mechanical Shutter
DJI GO 4